The Town Clerk is an elected official serving a four year term. As the Records Administrator, Licensing Officer, and Registrar of Vital Statistics we maintain all Town records and issue vital statistics records including:
- Marriage Licenses and Marriage Officiant Licensing
- Birth & Death Certificates
- Dog Licenses
- Games of Chance Licenses
- DEC Licenses
- Peddler Permits
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Transfer station permits & coupons
- Water Bill Collection
- Collect Town fees (except court fees)
- FOIL requests (except Police Department)
- Scheduling parks and meeting rooms
- Collection of property taxes
- Notary Public
Property Tax payments are accepted from January 1 through June 1. No payments are accepted at Town Hall after June 1. To pay property taxes after June 1 contact the Ulster County Department of Finance at 845-340-3431.
Town Clerk/Tax Collector
Registrar of Vital Statistics
Suzanne Reavy, RMC, CTO
Deputy Town Clerk/Tax Collector
Deputy Registrar of Vital Statistics
1 Town Hall Drive
Lake Katrine, NY 12449
Phone: (845) 382-2455
Fax: (845) 336-0082
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 4:00PM
- Town of Ulster 2023 Fee Schedule
- Town Clerk - page 1-3
- Building, Planning & Zoning - page 3-10
- Water Rates - page 10-12
- Sewer Rates - page 12
- Transfer Station Fees - page 12-14
- Birth Record (ID REQUIRED)
- Death Record (ID REQUIRED)
- FOIL Request Form
- Mailing Address Correction Form for Tax Billing
- Marriage Record (ID REQUIRED)
- Marriage: How to Get Married? How to Officiate a Ceremony?
- Orlando St Ball Field Request Form
- Post Park Pavilion Rental
- Reservations for 2023 accepted after February 1, 2023
- Alcohol Use at Town Facilities
- Solicitor, Peddler, Hawker, or Seller Application (ID REQUIRED)
- For information and permits regarding games of chance, please contact the Town Clerk's office.
- Accessible Parking Permit Application (ID REQUIRED)
- Pay Property Taxes Online (June 1 deadline)
- Sporting License Information
You must fill out a "Freedom of Information" (FOIL) form. This form is also available in the Town Clerk's office and needs to be completed in order to receive copies of records in any department. Copies of all paper records cost $.25 per page.
- MARRIAGES ARE OVERSEEN BY NEW YORK STATE. NOT Towns, Cities, or Counties.
- The Town Clerk is involved ONLY to issue 1. Marriage Licenses, and 2. One Day Marriage Officiant Licenses.
- MARRIAGE LICENSES
- Marriage licenses are necessary in order to schedule or hold a marriage ceremony.
- Marriage licenses are issued by appointment only. Both parties must be present when applying for a marriage license.
- The fee is $40.00.
- It must be obtained at least 24 hours prior to the ceremony and is valid for 60 days.
- The following are required in ENGLISH or TRANSLATED to English:
- Proof of ID (driver license or passport)
- Birth Certificates with parents' names listed
- Social Security Number OR SS Card if you do not know your SS # (if applicable)
- IF Previously Married: Final Divorce Papers and/or Death Certificate(s) for each marriage
- The license will be issued while the couple waits. After the marriage is complete, the couple will receive an original marriage certificate from the Town Clerk by mail. Each additional copy costs $10.00.
- ONE DAY MARRIAGE OFFICIANT LICENSE
- This is new NYS legislation which went into effect on March 28, 2023.
- This license is REQUIRED for marriage officiants other than clergy or a magistrate.
- The marriage officiant will apply for a one-day license from the same office that issued the couple's marriage license.
- The fee is $25.
- The following are required:
- Proof of Identity (Driver License/Passport)
- Completed Application
- $25 fee payable to: Town of Ulster
Proof of Hunter safety course must be presented when applying for a Hunting license. If the applicant also wants an Archery stamp, proof of the successful completion of a Bow Hunter safety course is required. Proof of NYS residency must also be presented, or higher out-of-state fees must be charged. Only proof of residency is required to purchase a Fishing license. All fees for Hunting, Fishing, and specialty stamps are established by the State of New York.