Town of Ulster tagline


The Town Clerk is an elected official serving a four year term. As the Records Administrator, Licensing Officer, and Registrar of Vital Statistics we maintain all Town records and issues vital statistics records including:

  • Marriage Licenses
  • Birth & Death Certificates
  • Dog Licenses
  • Games of Chance Licences
  • DEC Licenses

Other responsibilities include:

  • Transfer station permits & coupons
  • Water Bill Collection
  • Collect Town fees (except court fees)
  • FOIL requests (except Police Department)
  • Scheduling parks and meeting rooms
  • Collection of property taxes
  • Notary Public


Property Tax payments are accepted from January 1 through June 1. No payments are accepted at Town Hall after June 1. To pay property taxes after June 1 contact the Ulster County Department of Finance at 845-340-3431.


Town Clerk Suzanne Reavy

Town Clerk/Tax Collector
Registrar of Vital Statistics

FOIL Officer
Suzanne Reavy

Deputy Town Clerk
Deputy Registrar of Vital Statistics
Crystal Boice

1 Town Hall Drive
Lake Katrine, NY 12449
Phone: (845) 382-2455
Fax: (845) 336-0082


Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 4:00PM


  • Town of Ulster 2023 Fee Schedule
    • Town Clerk - page 1-3
    • Building, Planning & Zoning - page 3-10
    • Water Rates - page 10-12
    • Sewer Rates - page 12
    • Transfer Station Fees - page 12-14



You must fill out a "Freedom of Information" (FOIL) form. This form is also available in the Town Clerk's office and needs to be completed in order to receive copies of records in any department. Copies of all paper records cost $.25 per page.

  • Marriage licenses are issued by appointment only. Both parties must be present when applying for a marriage license.
  • The fee is $40.00.
  • It must be obtained at least 24 hours prior to the ceremony and is valid for 60 days.
  • The following are required in ENGLISH or TRANSLATED to English:
    • Proof of ID (driver license or passport)
    • Birth Certificates with parents' names listed
    • Social Security Number OR SS Card if you do not know your SS # (if applicable)
    • IF Previously Married: Final Divorce Papers and/or Death Certificate(s) for each marriage
  • The license will be issued while the couple waits. After the marriage is complete, the couple will receive an original marriage certificate from the Town Clerk by mail. Each additional copy costs $10.00.

Proof of Hunter safety course must be presented when applying for a Hunting license. If the applicant also wants an Archery stamp, proof of the successful completion of a Bow Hunter safety course is required. Proof of NYS residency must also be presented, or higher out-of-state fees must be charged. Only proof of residency is required to purchase a Fishing license. All fees for Hunting, Fishing, and specialty stamps are established by the State of New York.