- Investigate dog complaints in the Town of Ulster
- Takes action when necessary
- Maintain the Town of Ulster Pound for stray and lost dogs
The Town of Ulster runs a no kill shelter. Dogs are humanely euthanized only if they are vicious or chronically ill.
To redeem a dog from the shelter the owner must pay applicable fees:
- Impoundment:: $100.00 flat fee plus $10.00 per day
- Captured Dog: Dogs captured while running at large and returned to the identifiable dog owner will incur a $50.00 civil penalty
Issues pertaining to animal cruelty, including inappropriate shelter, are handled by the Ulster County SPCA. You may contact them directly to report an animal cruelty issue at 845-331-5377.
The Town is unable to handle wildlife problems such as bats, bear, deer, skunks, etc. Questions concerning wildlife can be directed to the DEC at 845-256-3000, 8:30AM - 4:45PM, Monday through Friday.
Town of Ulster Supervisor's Office
1 Town Hall Drive
Lake Katrine, NY 12449
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 4:00PM
In an emergency please call the Town of Ulster Police Department at 845-382-1111.
Town of Ulster Animal Control serves the Town of Ulster only, not Ulster County. If you have an issue or question in another Town you will have to contact that Town's Animal Control officer.
- Town Code (Chapter 75 covers dog laws)